Where is my Classified11 Ad? I can’t find it.
Some Ads may be delayed for up to 8 hours before they are posted on Classified11. This is done to help us catch any spam, fraudulent, or other bad Ads from being posted on the site. If you can't find your Ad by searching for it, it's possible that it was delayed.
To check on the status of your Ad, You will need to enter the Ad ID number, which is found above the Ad title on the Ad page. If you have a registered account, and cannot find your Ad by going to "My Classified11", please be sure you are signed into the correct account. This can sometimes happen if multiple email accounts have been used to post Ads. If you sign into the account used to post the Ad in question, it should show if it's delayed if you go to "My Classified11", and then "My Ads".
Do I need to register to post Ads?
No, you need not be a registered user to Post Ad on the site. But you need to provide your valid email address.
What do I need to do if my location is not in the list?
If your location is not present on Fnd44, you may enter any location from the list Classified11osest to you.
Mentioning your correct location will help people who see your Ad know where you/product/service is located.
How long do Ads stay after being posted on Classified11?
Ads stay live on the site for 120 days after which they expire automatically and are not displayed as a part of the live ads on site. You will get Ad Expiry reminders before 5 days and before 24 hours of Ad expiry date. You can extend your Ad duration by reposting your ads after its expiry, from your "My Classified11" account. You can even delete your Ad by logging into "My Classified11".
How can I avoid a fraud and Stay Safe?
At CLASSIFIED11, we believe that buying items locally. Where you can inspect the item, meet the seller and pay at the time of pickup or delivery is the surest and safest way to make a transaction. For National or International items, we strongly suggest taking the following measures to protect yourself from fraudulent sellers:
Use always CLASSIFIED11 system
When communicating with sellers on CLASSIFIED11 always do it using the "Reply to this ad" link on the page that details the item. An email will be sent out to the seller with your email address and all transactions will be conducted between you and the seller directly via our system. This way, if we are notified of a seller's fraudulent activity, we will have your contact information to reach you and provide you with the information. Since our marketplace is always free, there should be little incentive to take communications off line.
Know what you are buying
before making an offer to a seller; ask questions to learn more about what they are selling. You can send a seller a pre-sale note, and then make your offer when you are comfortable with purchasing the item. We also recommend checking retail prices and other members' prices for comparison purposes. Remember, if the price looks too good to be true, it probably is. In particular, be careful when purchasing high-tech goods, especially when prices are far below retail. Certain high-end items such as flat-panel displays, notebook computers, and cell phones are likely targets for scammers. In many cases, it's appropriate to ask for a serial number before sending payment.
Ask for sellers address and telephone number
once you have negotiated the price and have decided to buy the item, ask for the seller's phone number and call him/her up at a random time to make sure he/she is receiving the calls. Honest sellers should be able to provide this information. Having a seller who has a registered telephone number at the other end, will make the seller more traceable and hence less likely to be a fraud.
Use a payment method with fraud protection
we highly advise AGAINST sending payment via wire transfer. Many fraudulent sellers only accept money by wire transfer, Money Gram, western union or bank transfer because buyers cannot get their money back and sellers cannot be tracked. If you are within the US and must pay by money order, we suggest using a postal money order. Postal money orders can be investigated, while other money orders cannot.
There are many forms of payment that provide protection for buyers. Credit cards, escrow services such as Escrow.com, C.O.D. shipping, and online payment services, offer varying degrees of protection.
Track your shipment
most major shipping companies allow people to track shipments while they are in transit. We recommended getting a tracking number from the seller, so you can monitor your item in transit. Make sure you are familiar with the seller's shipper, and be aware that there are fake shipping companies on the web which pretend to track a false shipment.
While most individuals who use “Classified11” have success with buying, selling, renting or connecting with others, from time to time we do receive reports of people attempting to scam or defraud our users. We have found that one of the best ways to curb this problem is to ensure that all transactions take place locally, in-person and with cash. Remember that Classified11 is a local Classified11assifieds
Please take the following precautions while using Classified11:
Classified11 does not offer any sort of buyer protection.
Any emails or websites that talk about such systems are scams, even if they have the Classified11 logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services,
please forward the message to us.
When buying or selling, you should meet in-person to inspect the product and exchange funds. Meet in a public place with many people around, such as a coffee shop.
Be wary of emails asking you to confirm your account or a password or email address change that was not requested. These are very often phishing emails by scammers trying to gain access to your account. Any emails we send requiring you to log in will bring you directly to our site. The “Classified11” sign-in page should always show up as being secure in your web browser.
Do not give out personal or banking information (e.g. social Security, insurance number, bank account number etc.) over the Internet.
Classified11 IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION , and does not handle payments, provide escrow, "buyer protection" or "seller certification."
Protect personal information,
e.g. do not share your home address unless you know the other person and want
them to visit you.
What kind of postings are forbidden / not allowed on Classified11 ?
prohibits the listing or sale of any items that are illegal, under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation at local, state, provincial, national or international law. The following type of listings are
prohibited on Classified11 site: Postings of
any franchise, pyramid scheme, "Classified11ub membership", multi-level marketing, distributorship or sales representatives arrangement or other
business opportunity which requires an up front of periodic payment
, requires recruitment of other member, sub-distributors or sub-agents, or pays commissions only (except for postings that make Classified11ear that the
available job pays commission only and Classified11early describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling, in which case such postings
may be permissible).
Other items that are specifically prohibited inClassified11ude:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
- Burglary Tools
- Counterfeit currency, stamps or coins
- Counterfeit Products
- Electronic Surveillance Equipment
- Embargoed Goods
- Government and Transit Uniforms, IDs and Licenses
- Illegal Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia
- All type of illegal services and products.
- Hazardous Materials
- Fireworks, Destructive Devices and Explosives
- Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records and Personal Information (in any form, inClassified11uding mailing lists)
- Items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
- Lottery Tickets, Sweepstakes Entries and Slot Machines
- Obscene Material and all types of Pornography
- All type of offensive material
- Pictures or images that contain frontal nudity
- Police and Other Security Forces Badges and Uniforms
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- Recalled items
- Stocks and Other Securities
- Stolen Property
- Tobacco Products
- Used Cosmetics
- Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, stun guns, switchblade knives, and martial arts weapons).
What are things that potentially fraudulent buyers do?
- Ask you to wire money into their account.
- Buyer offers high-value (but fake) cashier's check in exchange for the item for sale. The value of cashier's check often far exceeds your item and the buyer asks you to wire the balance via money transfer service. Banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLASSIFIED11EAR. Scam often involves a 3rd party (shipping agent, business associate owing buyer money). We would strongly discourage you from wiring money.
- Recommend an unfamiliar escrow or payment service.
- Place large orders to be sent to a foreign location.
- Say they will pay you half of what's due before they receive the item, and half payment afterwards.
- Will not provide you a verifiable telephone number.
- Pay with an international credit card or cashier's check.
What Is Phishing?
Phishing stealing accounts, passwords, or financial information by masquerading as a trusted party. Phishers may email you an official looking email with a link to a real looking (but fake) Classified11 site. If you type your login and password into the fake CLASSIFIED11 site, the phisher can then use your account to post scam ads on CLASSIFIED11.
How phishing works:
# You receive a supposedly official email from Classified11, asking you to confirm your password, username, phone number, or credit card information.
- This email may threaten you with the removal of your posts or the closure of your Classified11 account if you do not comply immediately.
- If the sender is using email spoofing the message may appear to come directly from Classified11.
# You click the link in the email and are taken to a fraudulent third-party site that may resemble a legitimate Classified11 page.
# You may be asked to download an attachment, install specific software, or receive a message to your phone.
# You enter your login information on the fraudulent page, inadvertently providing it to a third party.
# The third party scammer can then use the information you provided to gain access to your actual Classified11 account.
How to avoid phishing attempts and protect your account information
- Never click on email links that ask you for any personal or account information.
- Make sure to login to your account only by navigating manually to www.Classified11.com
- If you are unsure about the status of your account or your posts, the safest way to check is to go directly to www.Classified11.com and login.
- If you do not see any problems within your account, you can safely ignore any messages to the contrary.
- Use common sense . If an email seems suspicious, fishy, or too good to be true . . . it probably is!
Think you've been phished?
If you see strange activity or unfamiliar posts on your account page, please change your password immediately and manually delete the ads.
If you use the same password for your email account (or any other services), you may want to change those passwords as well.
You can contact us between Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm.
To get in touch with us to share a marketing proposal, a partnership idea or want us to be your Classified11assifieds partner, please contact us at Feedback and provide us with below details in your email:
- Your name/name of company
- Your phone number
- Your proposal or idea
In addition, if you need any help in using the site or are facing site related issues, check out our Help Centre section or contact us at Feedback
We will get in touch with you soon.
The development of classified11 is guided in large part by community feedback.
Please try our feedback forum Postings are read by staff members, and responded to by users